To celebrate the release of my latest book, Innocently Sweet, i decided to make a special ice cream treat! You know how Snickers have their amazing layers of cream, nuts and chocolate? Well this is THAT but healthier! Get ready for the most Nuttilicious experience of your life!
5 spoons Unsweetened/Unsalted natural peanut butter (can use any natural butter)
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1 spoon Maple syrup
1 cup coconut cream
75g cashews (soaked)
1 spoon maple syrup
1 spoon vanilla essence
1 cup raw cacao nibs
Vegan Chocolate of choice (I used OmBar 60% )
Nuts of choice (i used praline hazelnuts)
– Before anything else, soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 1 hour
– Place the nut butter in a plate and add salt and maple syrup. Stir well and place the content in a baking tray (about 65mm deep).
– Place in the freezer
– Strain the cashew nuts and place them in a blender
– Add in the coconut cream, vanilla essence and maple syrup
– Mix well till the content is creamy and smooth
– Add in the cacao nibs and mix
– Pour the mixture on top of the nut butter
– Place in the freezer for minimum 2 hours
– Melt the OmBar chocolate in a bowl floating in hot water
– Remove the ice cream and nut butter from the freezer and remove from tray.
– Chop into squares
– Place on a plate or in a container
– Pour melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with nuts of choice
– Place in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving or store in the freezer until ready to serve.
*You can allow to set outside the freezer for 10 minuets before eating.
V / GF