As usual, Hay House offered me to review this title amongst others and I was immediately drawn to this one.
I mention this a lot when writing reviews for Hay House, but the synchronicity I share with this publisher is scary! Each time I become interested in a subject or I have to face a specific situation, I receive books that completely relate to me!
Energy is a big one; I live by it and I am affected by it no matter what I do! If negative energy is around me I am pooped, if positive energy is around me I feel wonderful. I avoid people whose vibration is not compatible, and at times it is not about anything at all but a feeling. However, the truth is that we can’t always choose the energy we have around us; so we have to learn to protect our own.
The book starts with the most relatable introduction to me: “Alex would wake up an hour earlier, before breakfast to meditate and do yoga. Every morning when he finished his meditation and yoga he felt wonderful and clear. However by the time he sat down at the kitchen table, all the joy was melting away. He would start feeling heavy and tired – and so upset with himself! It was just that he was being weighed down by the residue of negative emotions that filled the rest of the house…”
This is what happens to me each time I am around people whose energy is not at the same level as my own. Unfortunately this doesn’t discriminate and oftentimes the ones causing these painful energetic experiences are my own family members, like it was for Alex.
However, it is also true that, as other people’s and places ‘energy affect us, so does the energy we build inside and leak into our lives! Ever had a totally crappy day that keeps on getting worse? You break something, it upsets you, then you lose something, then you mess up something else… It seems that the day is just a complete mess! I have those days and those are days I know it is probably my energy messing things up!
The good news is that we can balance our energy and what is around us, and this book is the perfect tool to learn how!
Jean Haner has 25 years experience in the ancient Chinese principles of balance and health. She is well known as a warm and inspirational teacher, providing grounded, practical information that can be put to immediate us, like she shares in this book. (Bio from Hay House)
Her sensitivity to energy started at a young age; but she didn’t know what it was; like most of us perhaps, until we become aware, we are not sure. One thing I know from personal experience is that is we live in the flow of our own vibrations, we feel energy more and when we are not in tune; we are not phased (well we are not aware; but we are all affected anyway). Jean experienced many practices to move stagnant negative around within the body and spaces, from smudging to burying power objects in the ground and walking around clockwise or counter-clockwise. Now we can all learn about doing those things; but I feel that a manual fro someone who is highly sensitive as she is, is a perfect short cut! And not a short cut in a lazy way; rather the perfect way to experience cleansing and clearing that has been proven by someone who has been in the field for a long time. Sure the experiences we have are always different; we are unique and our experience to energy is also unique.
What I love about this book is that one of the main point is that we are responsible for our own energy! We create our own stress. Science shows that 93% of our thoughts are the same daily. This is why we create habits and our life is always the same; and why it is key to work on our thinking path to feel different and get different results. It is quite logical but not a familiar concept for a lot of people and I love that Jean says so in Chapter 2! “And Then, there’s You”!
From Chapter 3 the book takes us to “Learning to Clear Energy” ; a very hands on approach! A lot of books have a lot of theory and concepts; which are awesome, but we need the steps to take and how to take them! a few options given, that you will surely find as exciting as I am to learn about are:
- Using a Pendulum to find the energy stuck in our body and clear it
- Personal clearing of the outer self – step by step process
- Clearing of the inner fields – probably the one I struggled most of especially when coming to my family, our ancestors, forgiveness, love, relationships etc..
- Space Clearing: Once we clear our outer and inner fields we can work on our surroundings. This is an interesting one, especially because we don’t realize how energy affects space. And we don’t often think or check in with the energy created by other before us too. In London (in any big city) we often rent our apartments from other people. The energy of previous tenants or even builders (if a new flat) will stay in the space and we have to clear it before we move.
- Residues of feelings left in space in chapter 8 is probably the one that I can relate to so much right now! I am visiting my mother and although this house has a great energy; her tension is overwhelming the space and I am really feeling affected! I am blessed I too this book with me! I have been smudging the place continuously since I have arrived! The book shows how to find that energy and guide it outside!
- The earth has energy too! Ha! Chapter 9 shows us how to identify the energy coming from the earth we are on! Because we didn’t have enough issues with our own energy in spaces! Well, we can clear that too.
The chapters are easily designed to bring in a lot of knowledge on understanding different types of energy and making it work for are and with us. Ultimately it is how we approach it , once we are aware, that makes the difference and this book really teaches the basic skills to tackling negativity and recycling it!
A true must read, I recommend it to everyone and happy I had the chance to read it when most needed it too! Thank you Hay House